Persevere

I don't know how many of you know this, but this is probably my third try at getting a little business going.  I often will get an idea, get super excited about it, and then because of fear or insecurity will drop it shortly afterwards.  For some reason, the idea of having my own creative business won't leave me alone.  There have always been two problems standing in my way of this. The first problem has always been that I cant decide what to do.  I just love doing so many different things, how can I commit to just one of them? Out of that has come Flossy George Designs.  With this idea, I am free to design and create whatever I want.

Another problem has been my perfectionist personality.  I never knew I was a perfectionist until someone told me.  I still didn't believe it after they said it... I mean we are talking about Cori here... the girl who is pretty sloppy, can be a little lazy at times, and is just generally pretty laid back.  But I did realize that all of that stuff doesn't discredit being a perfectionist.  I am a perfectionist in that I will not start anything until I am 100% certain it is going to be perfect and a success right out the door.  Well, as many of you know, that is just impossible.  My goal here is to modify and improve as I go along.  So what you see today, may be totally different and better in a few years.

With lots of prayer, a realization that I need to be persistent to do what I want and to put aside my fears along with my perfectionism, I am progressing with Flossy G. Finances are also posing a problem and I suppose they always will.  I am praying for God's provision in this, that soon I will be able to get some cash flow to start creating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment